Fuel Problems Econoline 350 cargo van

10

Asked by Jul 27, 2010 at 08:00 PM about the Ford Econoline Cargo

I have no fuel to my cargo van, I have started to pull the front tank. Rear tank has not worked since before I owned it. It had to be rimed for some time and then it would run. Now it will not start passed burning the starter fluid. I found a relay on the drivers inner fender well but not sure if this is the correct relay. It is not black like I read in other posts. It is white and is attached to a metal bracket that screws to the inside engine bay fender.

Can anyone tell me if this is the fuel relay? Also I am wondering if my truck has a rail fuel pump. I can't seem to get much help. There is something on the rail but I am wondering what that is. The fuel filter perhaps but something else is there, part of the front rear tank switching mech? I have no power going to my front fuel pump connections when the key is on. I have not found any bad fuses.

Where is the fuel pump relay located?  How can I know if there is a rail pump?
How is the tank grounded as it is held by straps in place?  Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

30

yes can you help me with this.....we changed the outside fuel pump and fuel relay sometimes when you turn it over the fuel pump will cut on and sometimes it dont you can hear the relay click every time it is full in gas the first time this happend i was driving it quit then next morning it turned over and ran then turned it off then later about a hour it would crank next morning i did drove it home and shut it of then later it would not crank but it does turn over but pump will not cut on when the pump cuts on the van will crak