i have an 88 bronco 2 Why can't i keep my truck running

Asked by Apr 10, 2013 at 01:56 AM about the Ford Bronco II

After replacing the clutch the car would crank, but wouldn't start.  Then i replaced the ignition coil and
condenser.  It started right up then died a min. later.  Then it would crank not start.  then start and die
again.  I don't know what it could be.  I've also replaced the gas tank, and fuel pump.

6,535

How old is the gasoline? How clean was the gas tank you installed? If it is low or has sat for a little while, try adding 3-5 gallons of fresh fuel. If the gas you have is fine, I would check the fuel filter and see if any nasty crud comes out or just go ahead and replace. Could you have the fuel lines backwards? When it starts and runs, have you tried pushing the gas pedal to see if it will rev? If it is cranking, it should have a good enough ground to run your spark plugs and injectors, etc unless it is carb? Don't know much about the bronco's. good luck man!

3,555

CRANK SENSOR

Collision switch for fuel pump was my issue. Passenger side under carpet on fire wall. Jump it and try.