Pressure washed under carriage let dry and now rough idle and bluefish white smoke help

Asked by Aug 08, 2014 at 07:28 PM about the Geo Tracker

Ran fine until I pressure washed it. I did wash the catilatic converter intensly

92,735

Could be water in the O2sensor plug, cracked the insulator On the O2sensor, is the check engine light on?

Best Answer

No check engine light or any other lights. I thought o2 sensor also. Oil is clean no other problems. I was going to unhook the battery and see if the system would reset. I appreciate your comments it is always good to have an ear to talk to. Thanks

92,735

It will reset the system but if there is a problem it still won't run right until it is fixed, get some ElectraMotive cleaner and spray clean the connectors let them air dry and reconnect them, then clear the system and run the relearn cycle.

Thanks a lot. I have it in the shop with a good fan blowing on it now. Do you know if the MAS is anywhere close to the bell housing of the tranny? I did spray down on that from the top. But did not come close to the distributor/ coil area. I always kept the nozzle below the crankcase.. Once again I appreciate you comments

92,735

It is fairly close, it is in the intake air tube close to the filter box.