What's the value of a 1990 turbo supra?

Asked by Jun 27, 2013 at 09:23 PM about the Toyota Supra

It's an automatic with 120,000 miles 2nd owner in the same family. Runs great needs
spark plugs wires and timing belt. Minor body work.

23,205

Ok- I can tell you what it's worth- I have been shopping on CL for a month for a car in about this price range (20 year old or older car, low miles, something with some personality)- A Turbo Supra is cool- but not an automatic- (from $3k down to 2.5k) needing a cam belt and service ( from $2.5k down to 2k) body work?! OMG (from $2k down to 1.5k) and this is taking into consideration the low miles and the same family ownership (why I started at $3k)- the Bay Area CraigsList is packed with $1500 cars right now- and they are not selling- my son and I speculate endlessly "why"- but we got our pick of NICE cars in this price range- knock off another hundred for the upside down picture and we wind up at $1400- if you're lucky

Thanks! Upside down makes it extra special.

114,145

Don't sell your self short. With those cars it's not what it's worth but what someone will pay for it. Do your home work on line. In just a few minutes I found some anywhere from 3000 needing minor repairs and a lot more miles than yours to 10000 for some with less miles and in great shape. Might be worth more to keep than to just give away for peanuts. Now don't get me wrong I don't follow the supras. I more into the 91-93 3000 gts. And with them just a used motor that will crank is worth 1300- 1700. Now again I not into the supra but that turbo model could fetch you a surprising price if the right person finds it. Just got to love these little supras and gts.

105

I tend to find that Older sports cars are often sold well under the asking prices and for way less than even older sedans. the reason being is sports cars are known for being 2 things Fast and cool, but they are also equally well known to be Expensive to repair and maintain. A simple part like a water pump thats usually a 50-70 dollar repair can cost 3-4 hundred in a sports car. Not saying you wont get a good price but people will try to lowball you because of the reason i stated. it really depends on social economic factors and how many are available in your area and how many want and desire to own a older supra. they have a very small niche market and finding a buyer can be tough especially ones that wont try to lowball you