I have a situation where the parking light will not go off...????

Asked by Jun 02, 2010 at 09:28 AM about the Toyota Paseo

When the car is turned off the parking lights will not go off.  I have been disconnecting the fuse to keep my battery charged.  Any suggestions to remedy this problem.

15

Are you sure it is the parking lights? I had the brake light switch go bad and my brake lights stayed on. Pulled fuse until I could get to repair shop; with over 220,000 miles, with original clutch,I suppose something will break! Anyway.. If it is not this then the issue is in the light switch, on the lever, ugh! I hope you have a good mechanic or electrical repair shop.

20

How much did this cost to fix the brake light switch?

10

Glue in front of metal square with hole in it a penny. The rubber stopper with age has crummbled away and there is nothing to contact the brake light switch plunger to turn the brake lights off. The metal square is on thr top of the brake shaft for the petal. Go under steering wheel, push brake petal down, crazy glue penny in front of hole and release. When glue dries all is fixed. Very easy and you can say you fixed your car with a penny and saved at least $50.00!