Why do people like the newer mustangs?

35

Asked by Aug 12, 2009 at 07:58 PM about the Ford Mustang

Why do people like the newer mustangs? The new ones aren't any better than the 60's mustangs... Tell me why.... why do you like destroying the look of the original mustangs?

25

well, I don't like the 2010 mustang... tht thing is killin the old 1's... the older 1's r so much nicer

35

im pesonally a fan of the newer mustangs, i own an 08 bullitt and i love it. there is nothing wrong in my opinion about the newer mustangs, to me its the fact that everytime u see a new one, the owner of that car did something ridiculous to it that makes the car look stupid.

35

i'm not saying theres somethin wrong with your opinion...... Everyone has there opinion about things....... yea i actually agree with you... generally when you see an older car they are most of the time all original.. or the owner is fixing it up...but yea the newer ones for now are the flashy cars... when i say flashy i mean that people generally put sweet paint on it, rims, spoilers, hoods, stereos.... but thankyou for your opinion... very much appreciated......

35

yea they are... the newer mustangs don't even have a resemblence of the older ones..... i love looking at the 60's mustangs.... they are a very sepected car.... people love them for their style... and originality.. thankyou for your opinion.... very much appreciated

15

because man they are lighter weight along with the added horsepower and newer technology you can't shake it with the right parts combination

15

yea with every part added to the car you have to adjust the computer but i am telling you it ain'y all about the looks

15

I think because they are modern, and people are always trying to keep up with the latest technology.Thats why I like them at least, they have that modern look. I think you either go with the really old, as in the classis or the really new. Once again, just a opinion I dont take it to heart

15

my favorite mustangs are the 2005 model and the 2004 model gt's becuase i mean they are sleak fast and you can do so much more to them that you can;t do to the older ones

155

What exactly can you do to the new models that you can't do to the originals? With enuf money, you can pretty much do whatever you want to either one. It's all about personal preferences. I agree that the newer models might be more reliable and fuel efficient but is still a machine, as long as the maintnance is done you shouldn't have a problem with either. I have a 67 coupe with a 302ci engine that I drive almost everyday and it has never broken down or left me stranded.

15

i agree with you but i am talking electronics. you cause get 50-60 extra horsepower on the newer models by just messing with the computer

15

i wouldn't necessary say that the older ones are better. Luxuries, ride, MPG, performance are just some to mention. Sure i can build a older one that is better than a newer one but your going to be spending alot of time and money to do it. Its cheaper to do it yourself but if you can't turn wrenches like most people, your just better off buying a newer one where you get those creature comforts right away for half the price of a restomod. I would rather build my own but i just don have money to stick into my 66. A 4.6 4V wit ha 6 speed is spendy enough for anyone. The drivetrain alone is worth more than my mustang. Just my few cents worth

45

the very recent model to come out, I think does a better job at grasping the mustang's reputation. I personally did not like the jump from the '04 to '05?. I have a 40th Anniversary and like the styling a lot, but the newer mustangs are playing off of the older models' famous design. but being a mustang lover, the 60's tops all no matter what. really the only models I didn't like were the 70s and early 90s.

85

really i think you can't really sit here and even say that the newer one look anything like the originals because just look through the whole life of all the mustangs you got the originals that jumped to the fox bodies witch jumped from 93 to 94 then you have the jump from 04 to 05 it all changed though the years. ya they say they were going to try and make the newer ones look like the originals but unless the take one of the originals and use it as a base and just change the engine and electronics they can't master the looks and they won't do that cause they don't want to completely ripe off from the originals. Also you can't really say witch ones are better cause they were each as good as they could be for their time period.

65

I wonder that, too. I test drove a 2006 GT and it was awful. Too heavy, and don't have the power to weight ratio as my 90 GT 5.0. I will stick with the older models not the new ones.

15

well i drive a 2005 musang gt and it is ten times lighter than the 04 gt and rides so much better and on top of that the 04 drives like a tank.

25

well i guess my mustang is a newer one according to you i drive a 1990 lx mustang with the v8 but i have alo of engine mods like a cobra intake it has been bored .30 over to make the displacment 306 ci instead of 302 i am also running a cam as well as 11 to 1 compression. I guess what i am saying the nice thing about newer mustangs is i can mod them without feeling bad for destroying a classic mustang oh and the fuel injection is nice to

5,975

I know this is an old post but I have to add my opinion. The newer 2005 and up Mustangs are popular because of the retro look of them. Look at a 1968 Mustang alongside a 2005. There are many similarities and that's why they are popular. The older crowd that loved the Mustangs in the 60's and were only kids at the time, can now relive there past by buying a new Mustang that looks like an od Mustang from the 1960's. If you look at the 2013 Stang, it has similarities to the 1970 Stang. It's a retro thing like the Dodge Cuda and Chevy Camaro. Kenny/MrBlueOval

355

Easy, the new 5L, Boss 302 and Shelby are 10x times the car of the old ones. More power, better handling, more reliable, more fuel efficient, better brakes, safer, more comfortable.....I could go on. The 60's Mustangs are an icon, but for my money, Id take a 2013 5L or a Boss 302 over any 60's Mustang.