The coolant icon lights up when I start the car after the engine is cool..Wondering Why? Is that normal?

Asked by Jun 21, 2013 at 01:02 PM about the Toyota ECHO

2005 automatic ECHO- recently purchased from a private seller with no previous records.
This car and these type of icons are new to me.
I've been driving this car about a week and the light comes on every time I start up but after I drive in 4 blocks it goes off.
I checked the coolant and it's full- almost to the cap.

Your owner's manual may have some information about that specific condition. Check out page 87 at the following link: ur/2005/05echoom/16.pdf The owners manual seems to suggest that the blue light will stay on until the car warms up to normal operating temperature. Based on your description of that light going out, you seem to be in the ballpark. When you say your coolant level is full, does that mean it is AT or ABOVE the "Full" line on the bottle? Overfilling the coolant could cause excessive pressure and damage your cooling system. The liquid needs room to expand into a gas and back again. If it's above the FULL line, you'll need to drain some of the coolant. Otherwise, it sounds like everything is normal.

use a turkey baster and get that level back down to the "full cold" mark....please.~

dispose of the coolant in an environmentally responsible fashion..either put it right back into the bottle or bring it to an autoparts store...they are always happy to get old coolant...they can run their "rejuvenating" machine and resell the stuff~

there's a very good reason why the bottle is you can SEE the level in there from the outside of the bottle~