anyone offer any comparison between Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla

25

Asked by Aug 27, 2008 at 01:26 PM about the Toyota Corolla

I've narrowed it down to one or the other.  Any thoughts?

7,555

My personal experience is that the Corolla is a better all around car... I never did much work on either but I've known owners of both (So my experience is mostly second hand). The Civic is more comfortable for me as far as leg room, but that's the only pro in my experience... Every Civic I've known has been a P.O.S. that break surprisingly frequently for a car known for reliability. They seem to last forever because people think that their 'longevity' is deserving of replacement parts... Particularly replacement transmissions... known 3 civics and there have been 2 replacement tranny's between 'em... Granted one was on a 'ricecar' so maybe the ridiculously small increase in torque killed that tranny... My experience with Corolla's is the opposite. Between the 4 my family/friends own, only a water pump has been replaced... They are all well over 100k miles now... I haven't had any experience with late models of either, as is. I would take the Corolla over the Civic though as the experience I had with the Honda dealership when helping my little sister buy a car was down right pathetic... They actually lost the sale because of how they acted(granted that's more the dealership and not the brand).

Best Answer
145

hodas are just flat out better. they dont break down all the time if you take care of them. as for the trannys they last if you know how to drive them. almost everyone i know owns one theyve all built the cars and the trannys are still there. they last longer then youll want to own the car because you will get tired of it and want a different one. it just honda all the way

5

and Honda is better looking car and it's more comfortble. Get the Civic

13,565

Sorry, but to I've owned a Honda Civic and loved it. It was extremely reliable and never had any troubles with it. I would have to go with Honda. Plus, the new Civic styling is way better than the Corolla in my opinion.

45

i actually have one of each and they are pretty much the same car....just by different companies. Im a toyota fan so im a bit biased i love my corolla They are the same shape and similar styling, have about the same power and fuel efficiency. There are things my corolla does that the civic doesnt. the civic is a 1999 and the corolla is a 1995. The corolla is better at higher speeds but i race mine...most people dont do that with either car but the corolla is definetly better to me. the repairs on both are the same they "crap out" at the same times with the same problems just the usual: bakes, tires, oil changes then when u hit like 150000k then stuff starts to go but thats the same on any car........the bottom line is they are both japanese they have to be good cars. either one is a great choice

5

The Toyota is the better of the two. The technology in the engine is better, specifically the vvt-i; and the 09 Corolla is newly designed. I think it will hold it's value better in the long-haul. The matrix is nice, too.