I can't hear my fuel pump and I got told I wasn't getting fire either.... which is it feul of spark....?

Asked by Jun 21, 2012 at 12:07 AM about the Toyota Celica

I was driving when my car wouldn't let me eccelerate anymore and started jerking then died on the highway. I had it towed home and got told I wasn't getting fire. But I thought it was a feul problem... So I was listening for my feul pump and can't hear it anymore. I just changed the distributor thinking the coil had oil on it and shoted but that didn't fix the problem I'm not sure how to really go about this I can't afford to take it to a shop and I have extern to get to..... Someone please help.... PLEASE

237,885

If the fuel pump isn't working, it's either the pump or the fuel pump relay, and or a wiring issue at or going to the pump. I say wiring, because you also don't have any spark. Check all your grounds first and go from there.

lol I'm still learning.... I've no clue when it comes to wires and electrical.

ok I found the problem!!! But I have no idea what the name is for the part I need..... there are to wire ports on my distributer I need a new male part with pig tailed wires for the smaller port..... what is that called.....?

5

which model of Celica do you have which year? If its pre 99 then the parts coming from the distributor cap itself are the HT leads, these go to the spark plugs and 1 lead goes to the ignition coil Thanks TCB Performance Parts www.tcbparts.co.uk over 25 years experience in Celica's, Supra's and MR2's