My 95 buick roadmaster will not start I just recently changed the battery and it was working fine for 3 weeks and then nothing this week

Asked by Apr 12, 2013 at 06:42 PM about the Buick Roadmaster

changed out battery, started up fine, had some hesitations because the weather was cold ran fine for three
weeks and now this week it didnt start, changed the alternator and now I am getting "pass key" light
comes on.. what does this mean???

disconnect the negative terminal, pump the brakes five times and put the negative terminal back....heard earlier today from guru number one H25

Would definitely be attacking the electrical connections with a wirebrush, start at the other end of the black cable, what connects to the chassis, and to the engine to make sure they pull 300 CCA without bursting into flame~

74,165

You're ignition key has a "chip" on it. That "chip" is a resistor that contacts two metal tangs inside the lock cylinder when the key is inserted. My '94 Cadillac has the same security system. GM called it VATS (Vehicle Anti Theft System). There were 15 different possible resistance values used. Your car's computer reads the resistance value to determine if the correct key is being used. Make sure the "chip" on the key is clean and dry. When my '94 Cadillac had the "passkey fault" light come on I had to replace the ignition lock cylinder. This is the most likely culprit because the tangs inside the lock cylinder wear over time and stop making the proper connection with the "chip' on the key. HTH. -Jim

i have a 95 buick roadmaster when im driving my car starts jaking and then it would stop and my fuel light and battery light would come on my stern wheel would lock up and my brake would get hard