dose anyone think that the buick road master will be worth anything later in life when it is a classic

Asked by Mar 15, 2010 at 08:22 PM about the Buick Roadmaster

135

I think these cars will be classics if not already. They were the last of the big Buicks with rear drive and monster V-8's. The wagons have already gone up in value--especially if they are low mileage. If you seen these things for sale they are usually high mileage cars that are still running. IT was one of those GM cars that was just perfect ( well, maybe a bit too much plastic for the interior). I love my wagon-it's only got 36K on the odometer and the leather still smells new.

5

I think they will. I've had my '96 Roadmaster wagon (last year made, so Collector's Edition) for ten years now and I love it. In addition to the superior construction, performance and comfort, it seems like people gravitate towards valuing cars that are iconic not only for a chronological time period but also for what they associate with it. Plenty of people have started a conversation with me on the street about what a classic it is and how it brings back good memories and feelings from their younger years. Several have spontaneously offered to buy it! While I am selling our '85 LeSabre CE, even though it a beauty and a little hard to part with, it doesn't have all of the great memories like my wagon. There is no way I would sell my Roadmaster! The psychology of such things is just one way to look at it, but kind of interesting to some of us. :)