1989 Reatta. Trunk release keeps on clicking open

Asked by Nov 30, 2011 at 11:46 AM about the Buick Reatta

After a heavy rain then snow my trunk release keeps on clicking open continuously. I released the power wire and put it back, no change. sprayed it with WD-40, undid the negative battery cable, checked the fuse panel ( appparently for some reason it must be wired hot because there are no fuses in the spots for the trunk/fuel door release or the trunk). I finally just removed the power wire at the lock, which means I'll have to crawl into the trunk from the rear compartment hatch to open the trunk.
    Any ideas on how to fix this. It's never happened before. Just happened out of the blue.

I figured out what was causing the problem. It was the key release lock cylinder electrical connector. I removed the back tail light assembly and disconnected the electrical connector to the key cylinder. It was a little green, so I cleaned it up , reconnected it, problem solved.