Would someone please tell me, were ANY Reattas made with a standard transmission?

Asked by Mar 24, 2011 at 03:35 AM about the Buick Reatta

There are several in my family - all of them automatic. I would love to know if that was the only transmission offered. Thanks!

215

That would have been a more interesting car Dogman, but since they were really just downsized Riviera's and GM couldn't afford (or didn't want to) develop it's own Corvette competitor they just offered the hydramatic 4-speed. The things were hand built and there were only a few thousand made in the 4-yr model run so if you have decent one's in the family, I'd be nice to them. Especially if you have a '90 convertible, there were just a few hundred of them made so they are highly collectable.

1,720

All Reattas had the 4 speed automatic transmission, in 1991 it became an electronic automatic. There have been a small number of Reatta owners that have converted their cars to manuals using parts from other GM cars. One 1991 Reatta convertible was shipped to Australia and was converted to right hand drive there.