Why won't my 2001 Buick Lesabre start?

10

Asked by Jan 09, 2015 at 08:59 AM about the Buick LeSabre

I can hear the fuel pump run. I found a leak at the fuel rail at the top of the engine. I don't
know if that would cause enough of a pressure loss to keep it from starting. Also the
security light flashes. I believe it has for a long, long time though. One more thing I
thought was odd, i check the relay and fuses under the seat. When I did I unhooked the
battery just to see if it would kill the security flash. When I hooked it back up the left turn
signal arrow on the dash turned on steady. I put in the key and turned it forward and it
flashed quick like a bulb was burnt out even though that wasn't the case. I took the key
back out and a few minutes later the blinker flashed normal 5 or 10 times and the arrow
turned off.

10

forgot to mention, it turns like it wants to start

25,155

You may have two problems - 1) a leaky fuel rail (which is probably not the cause for it not starting) and 2) your anti-theft system is activated. How and why you'll have to determine, and reset it (just curious, are you using the programmed master key?)

10

I've tried all three keys i have. About a week ago I switched back to the master key, for the past 5 or 6 years I have been using the valet key. These do not have the raised chip in the key but is still recognized as being different to the car. So the car would turn over still if it was a anti- theft lock?

7,885

if there is not adequate pressure in the fuel rail the injector will not work properly