I'm looking to buy a 1976 jeep CJ7, the jeep runs good , 80k miles, however the steering was very loose, to me very dangerous a and unpredictable above 40mph. What is the estimated cost to repair.

Asked by Sep 19, 2015 at 07:49 PM about the Jeep CJ

1976 Jeep CJ7 80k, all original,  drum brakes, Quadra track all time 4wd, autotrans,
3 speed, Is 3500.00 good price

113,515

Tom, not for nothing forget the jeep they are nothing but problems. If you still buy it could be something simple a hundred dollars, or possibly 11,000.00 or so in front end parts...

I just purchased a fully restored 79 CJ7 with a v8 304 in March. I had the same problem. Felt like I was driving a Gallon of water that was half way full swashing back and forth. The jeep felt very loose. I installed a steering stabilizer and all is good.