Interchangable body parts

Asked by Jun 10, 2016 at 07:16 AM about the Subaru WRX

I have an 04 wrx, I got in a really nasty hail storm
and i was wondering what years of body parts are
compatible. Basically every panel is going to have
to be replaced.

Thanks for any info

4,560

Or not.... My daughter in Chicago had her '06 Imp totaled by hail, resulting in a hefty insurance payoff two years ago. She of course is still driving it as a lunar-surface-looking great-handling Subie. At 12 years old, why not similarly take the money and run?

6,505

agreed ^^ .. as far as you actually replacing everything, you'll spend more IMO because paint won't match and you'll have to fix issues with the new panels. And you can't just replace a roof or quarter panel. But doors, hatch/trunk, hood, fenders.. sure, you could replace them. Or you could contact insurance if you think they'll cover it and have it paid for or check with a body shop anyway. Best regards,

Well i already took the money, but kept my car. Shes the only car thats ever lasted me over 2 years cause i drive like an ass, plus......suby! Ive had her 11 years and just want her to be back to a decent state. And ill have to get her painted anyway so miss match paint wont hurt as long as the doors and panels work. As for the roof and quarter panels, i was going to get a carbon fiber roof cap and just do my best on the quarters.

6,505

interesting

4,560

Really?

6,505

zack, you own any BMW's?

Best Answer

Lol no bmw's

6,505

haha. cool. Well, I wish you the best of luck with whatever you decide to do. There are several avenues you can go.. from paying someone to bondo and paint match; do a crappy job yourself; do a crap ton of research, reading, testing on your car or scrap parts - then fixing, prepping, painting, clear, buff, wax, etc.. but buying a ton of car parts with mixed paints (even the same color won't exactly match - technically) wouldn't be on my list. You could also buy a bunch of band-aids and stick them all over your car.

4,560

I think he should paint it to resemble the lunar surface, since the texture's already there!

6,505

haha, yeah. Lunar or bullet holes..