A number of Fords can be flat-towed. Flat towing a Lincoln product

20

Asked by Oct 15, 2015 at 05:02 PM about the Lincoln MKC

A number of Ford products can be flat-towed (all wheels on the ground).  In that Lincoln uses the same engines and transmissions, I would think they can also be towed.  However, can't get a straight answer. Does anyone know if what Lincoln products, if any, can be towed?

685

What Lincoln?

685

Four-Wheel-Down Availability MKZ Hybrid MKZ 3.7L (FWD/AWD) MKS 3.7L/3.5L EcoBoost® (FWD/AWD) MKT 3.7L (FWD/AWD) MKT 3.5L EcoBoost® (AWD) MKX 3.7L (FWD/AWD) No Navigator or MKC

64,375

It is not advisable to tow any lincoln,due to the complex trannys in them,yes sure people do it,but latter on have tranny issues,the best way to tow a lincoln is up on a trailer.

685

What I posted is directly from the Ford/Lincoln towing guide.

64,375

I agree WWford,but they love to fix the high dollar trannys,and of course they would tell you it is towable,it,s called making money.

685

Newer Lincoln vehicles come with a 6yr/70k powertrain warranty that is NOT voided by flat towing if the vehicle is capable/follow owners manual.

20

Further research, both Ford and Lincoln have the same engine/tranny arrangement. Units have been successfully towed without general incident. Problems occur when units are run for extended periods (>8 hers) without periodically stopping to run the engine and cycle transmission fluid. Also issues with putting the front wheels of a AWD on a dolly and leaving the rear wheels on the ground.

64,375

All this info is good Broncolane,and WWford, but in my oppion,why ask for unseen trouble,load it on a trailer and you want have and issue with them.