I just bought a 2012 BMW 281i with 20,500.on odomoter. So few miles in 5 years seems suspect. Had run flat tires and 3 were badly worn? Another red flag?

Asked by Jul 02, 2017 at 07:17 PM about the BMW 4 Series

I bought my vehicle from a highly regarded dealership that has a new car
showroom also.  It doesn't seem likely that the owner would have driven
only around 5,000 miles per year.  It is a convertible so it might just be
buyer's remorse on the part of the previous owner.  The vehicle is pristine
in every way, except that 3 of the run flat tires were VERY bad.  I am told
those tires do require replacement at 20,000 miles, so I wasn't too
concerned about that aspect.  Dealer replaced all four tires with Kelly tires.  
Any comments will be appreciated.

10,930

What is your question? You are using innuendos regarding the cars '' mileage" .. well IMO this is a helluva time to bring it up. It's close to impossible to roll back mileage due to the computer keeping records (even records hard braking). .. you no doubt paid a lot of money for this car so why not enjoy it instead of worrying about nothing

86,815

Buy a high mile car, that way you know the mileage is real if that comforts you ;)

Are you people idiots? Perhaps you are stretching your comedic talents or just insulting me because I am female. I asked my question because a friend questioned whether the mileage might have been rolled back. I thought that could not be done anymore and was curious. I expected a useful comment - or no comment at all if the respondent didn't have something useful to say, which neither of you did. Just so both of you know, I AM NOT WORRIED ABOUT IT AND DO NOT NEED COMFORTING BY JERKS LIKE YOU TWO.

10,930

The "I'm a female" excuse for asking dumb questions mean's being a blonde automatically excuses your inability to function normally. Those days are long gone when society discovered that many woman are greatly more talented than their male counterparts .. so please stop using the "Gee, I'm just a dumb blond" It insults the integrity of woman who have made it on their own. BTW,,, can;t your "riend ask their own questions?

I am a blond but NOT a dumb blond. You insulted my intelligence by making an asinine comment which did nothing to answer a question to which I expected a serious question on my part. Just so you know, I spent my entire career as a legal professional. I was Executive Director for a national law firm with offices in six major cities. My "friend" did not ASK the question, he caused me to ask it by his comments. Accordingly, I decided to ask someone who probably would know. Apparently that is not you - or perhaps you thought I wouldn't understand a serious answer to my. question. Actually, you are right - I don't understand your answer, nor the rudeness you continue to display by continuing our communication. Please do not respond further. I dislike myself when I exchange nastiness with another person. Having said thart, if I have offended your sensitivities, please accept my apologies.

10,930

And I am an engineer (w/5 issued patents) who enjoys helping people pro-bono .. I was aware you were an educated women (no one buys a late model Beamer flipping burgers) My answer addressed what I assumed you were asking and if my assumptions were misdirected ...sorry