Olde Mazda diesel water tap

Asked by Sep 13, 2015 at 11:50 AM about the Mazda B-Series Pickup

I drive a 1984 4-cylinder diesel Mazda pickup. Plain vanilla, still cheap & reliable. On the driver's side, snuggled within the chassis, there's a small spigot with a knurled knob. When I bought the truck the dealer (long gone) told me it was important to periodically "drain the water off the diesel fuel" by opening the spigot. I've done this a few times in the 2+ years I've had the truck, but nothing ever comes out. A reminder label on he door jam tells me bad things will happen if I don't drain the water out. I've asked two local grease monkeys to troubleshoot the problem, and they are comatose. A month ago a dash light that looks like a faucet started glowing. I opened the spigot up again, and no liquid. Truck runs fine.

Should I just forget this "problem"? If not, what do I do?

1,375

you do need to drain the water out i cant find a pic of what you have is it in the bottom of the fuel filter or in the bottom of another canister it might be plugged

Thanks Rhodes. It's a line under the car. The door label is about bleeding water and air out. I've tried sticking pipe cleaners etc. up the spout, but still nothing comes out.

1,375

i would change the fuel filter also you might need to get a new water separator