why does my car cut out after it ran out of gas?

20

Asked by Apr 22, 2012 at 05:21 AM about the Mazda 626

it ran find before fine then i parked on a slop then wouldnt start then put some gas in it and it started
but was cutting out  what should i do change my fuel filter?

35

I'm no pro. But it has happen to me on a mother car. When I park on my parent house is petty sloppy and if I'm low on gas Wich I think a lot of ppl are all the time. The gas doesn't flow good enough. So I pit it in neutral and level the car turn the ignition just before starting let the gas fine it way to the pump. Then start the car it should work it works for me lots of time. Good luck.

20

It was out of gas and thats why it didnt start but after i put fuel in it it started but has beenrunning bad ever since it cuts out and backfires if the rpms arnt high enough wen i try to change gears?

35

I see. Did u try fuel cleaner in your tank? Sometime when u run out of the good stuff the trash at the bottom goes in the fuel pump in some cases damaging the fuel pump

13,005

If the pump tried to run without pumping gas for more than several seconds it can burn out the pump. Especially if the pump has a lot of miles on it already and then runs dry.

155

fill up and put redex or something the same in there .but youve probably got some rust from your tank in youre pump it may move itself it may not but the redex will help