Whenever my car is in 1-3 gear it will randomly beep 3 times while the oil light blinks. It is very loud and happens very often. the car has plenty of oil. i would appreciate any light you could shed on this! Thank you

Asked by Apr 13, 2013 at 05:53 AM about the Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen

What year? I will see if I can find an owners manual. Or some other source..but I need the year.

It is an oil pressure problem but I still need the year to help you decide what to do ....and is it the 1.8L? So far in VW Jetta owners/enthusiasts forums I discovered that if the dipstick is gone or the plastic top of the dipstick is gone or broken somehow will cause the light to come on..but not blink. In most cars a steady warning light is a 'reminder' but a flashing light, especially with an audible warning, is indicative of a more serious issue.

the PCV valve could be clobbered up, pushing the dipstick out~

Good thought. Very good. Everything I read while trying to find an answer to this kept saying, from every source, that the dipstick must be sealed or it will cause this warning, a false low oil pressure warning. And that would do it, pressurizing the crankcase from blowby if PCV valve not workin'..*********.listening to LAPD dispatch as I do this..hostage situation with dude shootin' at cops going on, and a fistfight at 7~11 between clerk and guy pissed off because he couldn't buy beer, before 6AM....

Worked at the "OPEN PANTRY" as a cashier 3rd shift 1981. Boss said if anyone messes with you hit them with this tire iron~....ooookay-