My Hyundai Grand i10 had smoke coming from bonet and smell

Asked by Sep 22, 2015 at 10:19 AM about the Hyundai i20

On the previous saturday while i was trying to park my car in basement
there is a large bumper so i used half clutch to ride over that bumper and
while doing i accidentally pressed accelerator more than required as a
result smoke and smell came from the bonet of car and i got afraid so
switched off car and after some time turned on and then parked. Can i
know what is the reason of smoke and smell is my car ok or do i need to go
to service center for a check.

76,365

So, did you do a good burn-out? Rubber smell? Or did you ride the clutch hard & made her slip? What did it smell like?

That is what i am asking i don't know was it a good burn out or not. It is not smelling like rubber and clutch is not slipping because next day i took the car and clutch was working fine as it was doing before and gears are engaging smoothly but the next day too smell came but was little only.

76,365

Well I wasn't there to watch the burnout so I don't know how good it was. Anyway I would just keep an eye on it, sounds like it is probably ok, watch for any wet spots on the floor after parking over-night, keep a eye on oil & coolant levels, And I assume everything is working ok?

Thanks for the answer. Next day as i said i check my car and no oil or coolant was found on the floor where i parked car while after driving a little smell was coming but in that condition too clutch and gears where working well. Well i will be taking my car for a drive tomorrow so lets hope everything works well and no issues are found.