bought VW Beetle 2002 the fuel injection pump has been blued together, is that legal?

Asked by Jul 07, 2014 at 07:32 AM about the Volkswagen Vanagon

After buying a2002 VW my mechanic checked under the motor cover to find that the injection pump has been glued with epoxy. unfortunately the sales man became 'distracted' when asked to open the cover, so did I. My question is what are the dangers, and is this vehicle going to pass inspection? Do I have a legitimate complaint? it was not a 'cheap' buy.

22,725

the pump will likely have to be replaced- you bought a used car and now you find that gorillas have worked on it in the past- yes, you have a legitimate complaint- maybe they'll take it back,(because you don't know how extensive the gorilla damage is) but if they don't, just fix it and join the used car game- at least you have a good mechanic- what does he say?

22,725

Oh, one more thing- I DO NOT recommend buying a used Vanagon- no,no,no,no,no, that's where you started going wrong in the first place-