Could This Be A Major Transmission Problem

Asked by Jun 06, 2010 at 06:35 PM about the Volkswagen Passat

This afternoon I ran over something in a packing lot. I never thought anything about it until I was about to pulling to my spot. I noted the car was stalling a little bit. I tried put it in reverse but it would not go. I went round the block and parked. They I put it in drive press on the gas, the car would not move. I tried shifting as well with no luck. I turned the engine off and looked under the car, noticed oil leaking out. I could not tell if it is engine oil or transmission fluid.

Does this mean my transmission is out?

95

not sure, does it go in any gear or move? google it or take it to your mechanic. Did you pull the stick to check fluid level?

my guess is that u prolly cracked ur trans pan if u lost enough fluid u would have no pressure in the pump and it would not shift or go into reverse all depending on how mutch u lost but on the other hand it doesnt mean ur transmission is junk either if that is the problem u just have to replace the pan and have fluid put into it and it might work just fine but vw and audi are very technical sometimes and not cheep