Fresh Air Hose?

120

Asked by Mar 26, 2013 at 04:31 PM about the Volkswagen Beetle

Why would this 1972 VW engine only have one fresh air hose? Thanks for all the help I'm getting here!

99,245

Because the chipmunks only ate one. I had aluminum air hoses and tossed boxes of Decon under the cars to keep those critters away. Victor mouse traps with peanut butter worked good too.

97,215

There should be another just left of the coil that looks like the other side and a hole in the trim plate where the tube should attach to a metal piece that fits into the heat exchanger on that side, unless some took it off. Check it over on that side. If the heat exchanger is gone then block off the hole in the shroud on the left side so you won't be loosing any air flow on that side. Clear as mud, Right

120

Tenspeed: I hate Chipmonks, Chip and Dale aside. They caused us thousands $$ by tunneling behind two flagstone retaining walls, (they collapsed) and under a concrete driveway that collapsed. I used those modern "Raptor" black plastic Rat Traps, baited with peanut butter, adding a Poison Peanut on top! Tennishoes: I'll check out your suggestions! Thanks guys!!

Mikeyl....the man the legend. did we ever get this buggy out of the mothball fleet or did you give up altogether now and am pursuing "movers" so you can deal with this at a later time?

120

When my Wife and I do a project, it's together. If we'd have bought that Blue project, she would have been in and under it with me. We ran hot and cold on that one for about a month. The couple that owned the Blue project turned down my $1,000.00 offer last weekend. We'd both really wanted a convertible, since we moved the the High Desert of Southern New Mexico. A slick '72 convert turned up, and we bought it last night.

97,215

Good looking VW for a 72 congrats