How do you change the clock setting?

Asked by Oct 06, 2013 at 10:52 PM about the Volkswagen Jetta

I have a pre-owned 2013 Jetta TDI sedan but no owner's manual.  I need to know how to adjust the time on the clock.  It has a navigation system integrated with the radio and entertainment system, which also includes a clock.  There is another clock on the speedometer..  I would like to be able to change both but don't know if they change together or independently.  Thanks.

25,805

Free Complete Owners Manual: http://www.gobookee.org/2013-vw-jetta-tdi-owners-manual/

25,805

Quick Start Guide from VW website: http://my.vw.com/2013-jetta/manuals

4,715

The clocks are tied together. The pushbutton on the instrument cluster opposite the trip odometer reset should enable clock setting. Do get those digital manuals and familiarize yourself with your vehicle. Well done, Racer_X.

25,805

Thanks Scott...glad I could help out :)

25,805

WarrenD...Let us know if the Owners Manual links that I provided give you the information you need to change the clock setting!

45

You use the buttons by the gaugesto set the clock. Press the left one once. Then press the right one until the hour sets. then repeat for minutes. You only have to set it in one place!

50

Well, i still did not get it until Just Now when our VW dealership described it much clearer than the manual does: There are tiny buttons to the left or your rpm gauge. One has a tiny clock on it. The left side of that tiny button sets hours; the right side sets minutes. To change the minutes or the hours, you use the 0.0/set button to the right of your speedometer gauge, the same button that resets your trip miles. Voila!

10

Wow...thanks for that!

90

He didn't ask for the owner's manual and a boatload of information to look through on another page, he asked for specific information! Others who come along later will also want to know specifically ow to change the time. On my 2010 Jetta, on left side of instrument panel, press the button once to make the Hour setting blink. Then click on the right button to set/change the Hour. Press the left button once more to select the next menu item, Minutes. Then click on the right button to set/change the minutes. Press the left button again a few times to take the adjustment off of the time until Miles is selected. That's when I either turn off or turn on the car. The time will remain set.

25,805

Proverb Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. 1. It is more worthwhile to teach someone to do something than to do it for him.

4,715

VW ownership is a composite experience. You must embrace the ETERNAL collection of knowledge, plan for the constant acquisition of tools and support materials, and welcome the involvement of a worldwide community of people who love their cars not just for the engineering or the transportation, but equally the art and creative outlet their vehicles represent. If you want a car as reliable as a toaster, drive a Corolla, it will generate the same passion and enjoyment as a toaster. If you want to be spoon fed technical instructions, take your iPad to the Apple Genius and ask him for a lesson...good luck. VWs are meant to be lived, not just driven. Learn to love it, learn to know it...learn what it means be a VW owner.

80

We had the same problem, and I figured out how to do the hour and minute adjustment, but now it seems to not allow the AM/PM to change. Any suggestions?

95

Related question: I would love it if someone could help me figure out how to the the outside temperature to display. It was displaying, then someone must have changed something and now it only shows the trip odometer. I want the outside temperature back, and be damned if we can figure it out! (yes, we've been pressing those little buttons on either side of the panel alternately in every combination we can think of).

95

It's 2015 Jetta, but I finally gave up and called the dealer. Answer (in case anyone else is wondering): it's on the end of the turn signal arm.

4,715

correct...the menu control is on top of the right control stalk (at least it was in the 2015 Jetta I just rented last week). Learning all the controls can be a daunting task. I remember when intermittent wipers showed up...flabbergasting!

30

In answer to the AM or PM question. The P next to the time on the instrument cluster isn't for PM it is for PARK.

10

To get back to the OUTSIDE TEMP on the control panel (ie. you have changed the clock settings, and the outside temp has gone away)....newer models have the controls for the instrument cluster on the steering wheel (the symbol of a phone, and up and down arrows). Click the "OK" in the middle and press the up or down arrow until you get the dash to read what you want. Wow! That took me forever to figure out!!

10

I have a question. I need help big time. I just purchased a 2014 Volkswagen Jetta. I like the car at first. Now I don't. I have my odometer mileage blinking on/off. Why is it doing that. Does anyone else have there tps light come on all the time. Someone please help me.

20

P for park is NOT helpful, my radio displays PM during the AM. Setting the clock doesn't not fix that.

10

Vicky, you probably have already discovered this. However if you have not, when you set the time using the button to the lower left of the RPM display, ignore the P. That is in fact correctly the transmission setting. But watch the clock radio display and as you cycle through hours, the clock radio display will show the progression from a.m. to p.m. Simply stop when you have the right time on the display. Hope that helps! Freddy