I have a hole that burnt through my seat (and not cause of my hot ass). I need a new seat, any ideas?

Asked by Jun 03, 2012 at 11:23 AM about the Volkswagen Jetta

I need a new seat cause I have a hole that burnt through the seat from the heated seat function.  I am afraid to use
it now for fear that my car might burn down.  Where should I go for a new or used one?

Len ,no fear of burning down your seat,once the heating element has been broken the electrical circuit has been compromised.VW had a recall on these heating elements,not sure if your car would qualify or not ,may be worth a call to the dealer,you have nothing to lose.

I tried 2 dealers and they both said I am not covered. The electrical current is not broken yet, but it has so far burnt a hole through my seat cushion. I may call Vw Canada and see if I can complain to them.

Quickest and easiest thing to do then is to pop out the seat heater switch from the dash and just unplug it,the switch is an integral part of the circuit,removing it electrically by unplugging it will render the seat heater inoperable.Idid a lot of those recalls when I was working at the dealer,you may not be covered if you purchased this as a used car.If you do not mind doing upholstery work ,it not a bad job really,most of the replacement seat covers have the elements already sewn into them,simply a matter of disassembling the seat ,cutting the old hog rings out and replacing the covers,you did not say if it's cloth or leather,leather is a little tougher to work with is all,not inexpensive for the covers,and if it is burned bad enough you may also have to replace the cushion as well.good luck

Best Answer Mark helpful