Asked by May 24, 2008 at 04:25 PM about the Chevrolet Corvette

I have wanted to buy a new corvette for a while,but now I see so many low mileage c6 vettes for sell.Is there any certain reasons or problems to be aware of??

NO C6 cars the the most refined corvette ever you must take into affect the poor economy high fuel prices and ever climing insurance premiums its hard for most to afford them while only putting very little mileage on them

Well for the 08 vettes, GM gave the c6 the LS3, which is a better engine. Not to say that there is anything wrong with the LS2 as it has 400 ponies, I would love to have that engine in my c3.

From a mechanic's viewpoint, Corvettes have rattle-trap interiors, cheap, uncomfortable, thinly-clad leather seats that get holes in the side bolsters within 20K, exhaust welds prone to breaking, and a whole bunch of oh-so-wonderful GM electronics.

I disagree with the seat comfort. I'm VERY picky about seat comfort, and this thing is more comfortable than my 2008 Nissan Altima on long trips! My butt didn't get sore an a 4 hour trip like it usually does. The interior does rattle a bit, but hell, it's American! What did you expect? If you want quiet, get a G37 or 335i. Actually scratch the 335i....probably less reliable than the vette.

A true Corvette enthusiast is looking to sell now at a great taking price, and put it down on the new C-7 Corvette. this happens every time there has been a change in Corvette models. C-2 to C-3. C4 to C-5 to C-6. Comfort? If you want it, get a MBZ or Caddie. Latest innovations and looks as you are going down the street? Get a new one.

There is one problem inherent with late model Vettes, they cost too much for a lot of guys to afford them.

The high cost keeps the riff raft away. They always have been on the upper end of the American car price range. When cars are put together with the better quality parts, it will cost more. Ever drive a C-2 Corvette and a Mustang? You could buy three Mustangs for the price of a ne Corvette, but the quality is a ton better. A 65 C-2 will run from $65,000 to $95.000. You can still pick up one of the 1.5 million old Mustangs for $5 to $10 grand.

Riff RAFT?

Funny you should mention those two cars. My first car was a 65 Mustang and my second was a 65 Corvette Roadster. But actually, you couldn't buy 3 Mustangs for the price of a Corvette. In 1965 the base Mustang retailed for $2,368 and the base Corvette retailed for $4,321.

Your correct on the price. My brother-in law got a 65 Mustang, my wife and I got a 65 Corvette. It was twice the cost. My brother-in-law found his car didn't float when driven into a river though. I never tried it with the Corvette. I also don't think it'd afir well floating like a VW Bug would though.

I have owned six Corvettes and driving them in the winter on ice and snow is a real challenge, Most Corvette owners put theirs in a garage for the winter months.