Head light problem

Asked by Jun 02, 2009 at 09:31 PM about the Volkswagen Super Beetle

What's likely my problem with my headlight? It only shines very dimmly in the top area of the light. I got a new light, installed it, and it worked the same way---- shined only dimly. I'd appreciate any help you can offer on this. Thanks. gil

215

Check if your headlamps are clean from inside. If not, remove it and clean it.

5

I'd have to ask if both lights are acting the same and what happens when you switch to highbeam. If it's only one light, try it on the other side. If the results are the same, it's likely the light itself. It the light works fine on the other side, then it's likely in the wiring.

150

Sounds like a bad ground to me. Check and clean the connections.