where can i get a diagram for the engine of vw golf mk1 1.8 cabriolet carmen convertible

25

Asked by Nov 09, 2007 at 04:08 AM about the Volkswagen Cabriolet

my son has dismantled my car to ensure all the parts function and i want to make sure all the bits go back in the right places, if i had a diagram and instructions, i would not have to rely on my son, who has the wolfberg edition, which seems to have priority over my car. my car has spanish plates so i'm not sure what year it is, the person we bought the car from has lost the paper work, and unfortunately in spain, the car has to pass its itv before they will sort the paperwork. my carmen has an electric roof and adjustable seats.  the haynes manual we got does not have the same layout as my engine, and the wiring is different.  unfortunatley, my son has his fathers attitude which is i'm useless with engines etc, i used to tinker in my much younger days, my moto is you can do anything you put your mind to as long as you have good instructions.  sorry about the waffle, with 2 dogs and iguana for company 7 days a week, you go dolally

try dealer or go to local autozone and buy a book on your cor they cover everything.

42,965

Try to get a factory shop manual from Ebay, this would be the way to go for a situation like this.

140

To answer your question, you need to define what year your Cabriolet is. My 1979 to 1988 have a JH engine that uses CIS fuel injection. MY 1989 to 1993 are equipped with a 2H engine, which uses Digifant fuel injection. The wiring and plumbing are different. Finally there is no such thing as a "Karmann Edition" Cabriolet. All Cabriolets were built by Karmann hence all have "Karmann" badges.