96 Cabrio Karman Edition Soft top Convertible Leaking

60

Asked by Oct 31, 2012 at 08:58 PM about the Volkswagen Cabriolet

96 Cabrio Soft Top Leaking. Pulled up carpet to check floor seams. We have been getting lots of wind and
rain and when I come out to the car in the morning there is a puddle on the rear passenger floor. This just
started about a month ago. I can't figure out where the water is coming in. I've made sure the window on
the door is shut. The roof on the inside isn't wet. On this model the rubber is just on the inside of the
door glass on the post side. Is the rubber worn out? Please help.

140

Your top needs adjusting . I'm not familiar with the top on the MK III s. Just a quick note. There is no such thing as a "Karmann Edition" . All cabriolets were built under license by Karmann GmbH. The Karmann badge is on all Karmann built VWs dating back to the Karmann Ghia and Beatle convertible.

I have the same problem on my Golf mk3 Cabriolet 1994 If you fold up the rear seats you will find that its wet under there, the leak is either from the taillights or from the back of the roof where the roof meets the chassis.