Volkswagon starts only in the morning

Asked by Aug 07, 2015 at 11:39 AM about the Volkswagen Cabrio

I have a 1991 Volkswagon Cabriolet. Summer car, not much used but reliable for the last number of years.
This year, it will start in the morning, run for about 5 minutes then stop.  Will turn over after that, but will not start.  Try to start anytime during the same day , it will not start.
Leave it to the next morning, car will start again, but repeat.

Changed ECT sensor, checked fuel pump relay., checked grounding of wiring, problem not solved. Last sensor I haven't checked is Oxygen sensor, haven't located it yet.

Any help is appreciated.

9,845

its this a carberated engine or a direct fuel injection with the hub on top of the air breather box? And have you tryed cleaning out the idle control pump? checking the coil pack and distributor for ware would be a good place to look as well. if this has a maf sensor clean that and would also check the temp sensor can cause these issues as well.