MAINTENANCE NEEDED

Asked by Oct 12, 2015 at 05:54 AM about the Daihatsu Terios

WHAT MAINTENANCE IS NEEDED FOR MY 2008 DAIHATSU USED SINCE 01/02/2010

88,765

Setting that long you should drain and flush the fuel tank and lines, make sure the fuel pump even works, then remove all the spark plugs and squirt a little oil into each cylinder then turn it over by hand at least 2 full revolutions, drain and refill all fluids i.e. engine oil, tranny brake fluid, etc. check and clean all battery cables and connections, then disconnect the ignition and fuel pump and crank over the engine a few times, this will build some oil pressure and coat the engine internals before you make an attempt to start it, then put in new spark plugs, reconnect everything, then turn the key on, wait a few 2 seconds, then off, then on, then off, this will prime the fuel system, now your ready to fire it up. HTH

Best Answer
21,325

Look in the owner's manual- HEY! I just found out that "daihatsu" means "little wooden boat" in Japanese!

150,545

小さな木製のボート it really does!

88,765

The owners manual will not tell you anything on what to do after a car has been setting for an extended period.

88,765

Looks like the "Little Wooden Boat" sank.