Motor

Asked by Mar 09, 2009 at 10:09 PM about the Mercury Lynx

What kind of motor is used in a 1976 Mercury Lynx and what kind of transmission...... i am looking for this info for my brother whom doesn't have internet.  He is also wondering if they make motors and transmissions for this car anymore??  how much and where in canada??  
Thanks

5

You will b lucky to even find any parts for it, 've been lookig for a couple of months. It wasn't that popular of a car + They have crushed just about all of them that wher in the junk yards.

did you mean a 1986 mercury linx? ifso the look for the following: ford escort 1985.5 -1990 1.9l engine, atx auto trans, mtx 4 and 5 manual trannies murcury lynx 1985.5 - 1988 same as ford ford tempo 1984-1994 2.3 l4, 3.0 v6, trannies same as escort murcury topaz same as tempo. the cars twin was a common car and the temp\topaz was based off of the escort. you should fine parts for it still. my first car was an 86 escort. this should a start. let me know if you need more info. i know them inside and out.

this should be a start. correction to my last post.