Gear lever becomes loose if I depress the Clutch pedal

5

Asked by May 09, 2014 at 03:56 AM about the Chrysler Neon

Gear lever becomes loose if I depress the Clutch pedal for long(10 seconds) say when I'm trying to park at an akward spot?I met a mechanic who sad it was because the gear link went loose.

I need help desparatelly, this as a car that has a very smooth ride and I'd love to keep it in the best possible condition.

1,405

let me make sure i understand properly, you're saying the gear shifter is very loose? chances are the bushings at the end of the cables are worn out or missing (common) just order a set of booger bushings from modernperformance.com as the dealer or any other manufacturer does not sell the bushings separate.

5

Thanks a lot Justin, infact you're correct as confirmed by a mechanic that I have since took the car to.I'll be on the hunt to find the bushings, because the local agent cherges for the whole cable. Regards Mzi

1,405

just go to the website i provided, theres only a few places that sell them online. they're better than oem bushings and wont wear out. and for 22$ they're cheap