Is it possible to install a three seat bench in the second row of a Town and Country?

100

Asked by Jan 28, 2014 at 08:06 PM about the Chrysler Town & Country

We need a van with eight passenger capacity. Siennas and Odysseys are out of our price
range. Has anyone made this switch? I know it isn't possible with stow n go. We need to
fit 6 car seats. I've read that 3 can fit across the back row, so we thought maybe we could
just use two read benches.

1,015

my stow n go folds out into a bench ,someone has to sit on a seam but no center seat belt

4,515

there is not a way to properly fit 3 people in the second row with seatbelts, therefore you could not properly install 6 carseats in that van. if you can't afford a newer van that is made that way, you need to find an older full-size van.

100

Thank you for your replies. Why would a 3 sean bench not have three belts? I am talking about putting an additional third row bench in the second row. Madmopar, do you have any suggestions for an older full size van?

4,515

the seatbelts attach to the van, not the seat. you would have to see what is available in your area. ford, gm and dodge all made vans with seats to fit anywhere from 12 to 15 people.

100

I have a Chrysler Town and Country 2002, I am also looking to see if the 2nd row is compatible for a bench seat? Were you able to find out? Please let me know. Thanks

100

My understanding is that this is possible if your second row does.not have stow n go.

10

If you are still looking..a Chevy Venture is an older style van..only made till 2005 but it offered 8 passenger seating. I have loved mine cause the middle row is 3 bucket seats leaving you with plenty of seating options.

140

I think it depends on the year and probably trim of the car. We were able to change our 2006 Town and Country middle row bench from a 2 seat bench to a 3 seat bench with no problems. The middle seat belt was already in the bench so there was no shortage of seat belts (side seat belts were attached to the car). It cost about $50 to get a middle row bench from salvage. Way better than the cost of an 8 seat car. Have ridden around on it for 2 yrs with no problem.

140

I was informed by a T&C dealer today that no T&C (any year) is sold with 8 passenger seating. After-market adjustments (such as those we did to our 2006) are considered a safety risk because 3rd row passengers may have trouble exiting the vehicle. We never had that problem. However, you may also consider a KIA Sedona which is cheaper than the Odyssey and Sienna but comes with 8 passenger seating std.

810

CSO Radio in Lakewood, NJ can add a legal 8th seat to almost any minivan including the Town & Country. They do it on a regular basis.

50

Hi 4wheelguy, Can you help me find one please? I have a 2014 T&C and I am looking exactly for the one as shown in this picture thanks

30

I also have a T/C 2014. I would love to be able to put a 3 passenger seat in the second row. We have a handicapped lift in the rear so my back seats are buried. It holds his scooter or his chair. When the kids come we can't take them with us. Only have the 2 seats. Where do I look or who do I contact? Thanking you in advance.

810

You can email me cs@csoradio.com

1,015

read back in this group. 4 or 5 weeks ago a post sounded like a sure thing !

10

Hey 4wheelguy how can I get in touch with you about installing a 3rd seat in the 2nd row of my 2014 Chrysler T & C

810

Hi. See email address above

10

Hey 4wheelguy I can't get my message to go through to your email address. Can you email or text me: mbrummeyer@yahoo.com 815-670-1580 Thanks

20

Hi 4wheelguy, I saw this and sent an email to above address. I have a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan, and expecting our sixth child. I had been told before that a rear 3 passenger bench could be put in the second row and we could add a 3 passenger bench in the 3rd row. I am finding that not to be an option now with Stow n Go. I am in Michigan, is there any way or place to get a 2nd row bench like the one you posted? Does anyone know? Buying a new vehicle isnt an option right now . Thank you.

I_anderson921 Did this happen for you? We have an 07 Caravan with 2 stow n go Capt seats then a 3 seat bench. We have 5 kids and then the 6th just moved home so we are in the same situation!

20

Hi Jennifer, I had emailed the gentleman who posted the photo of the bench(see above photo) a few months ago when I was pregnant with our sixth and got information and shipping prices. It is a very reasonable deal, however I have yet to actually order it as we are making due right now with my eldest sitting up front. We plan on ordering as soon as we are able. I hope this helps! I did get a quick reply by emailing him at the email address CS@csoradio.com

20

Hi. I'm mak. I've a 3 passenger bench for 2nd row of 2008 dodge grand caravan in good situation and I'm ready to change it with two standard stow n go benches.

I have a 2006 dodge grand caravan looking to add a 3 seater like the one in pic above as well will email address tonight

are these middle seats still available???

20

Yes. They are. They are available from CSO Radio in Lakewood, NJ

pls I need help on getting additionL seat in middle seat of dodge 2010

10

Email cs@csoradio.com they can help you

Blaw and some other blaw. You need to take out your captains seats in the second row and put your bench in that row to find out. This is the only way. I have a 2004 t/c and a 2003 t/c and the 2003 works but the 2004 doesnt. PLEASE dont ask idiots in here...just do the math and work yourself. Only reason why i say this is because there are some 2004's that are interchangable and others that arent. You will never know until you do it yourself.

How will i know if it will work? I have a 2013?

20

On a 2013 the two separate captain seats are not removable but the short two seater bench is. If you need to add a jump seat to fill the gap in the 2nd row, fill out the contact form at csoradio.com

20

A useful link with lots of information about this 8th seat is here http://blog.csoradio.com/

Yes it is! Get a rear 3 passenger from an older van, not that folds into the floor. Instant the two passenger bracket bolted to the seat under the 3 passenger bench seat.