Our 2012 Chrysler Town & Country has a misfire on cylinder 6. What should we do?

Asked by Dec 26, 2013 at 08:20 PM about the Chrysler Town & Country

2012 Chrysler Town & Country
3.6 L VVT
41,200 miles
Check engine light on constantly

1,155

Check your spark plug see if its fould if it is change all of them if its not chek the coil pack see if its bad if thats not the problem then check the fuel injector

each sparkplug it's own coil...would test this one for cyl 6~

hmmmm, the one closest to the firewall...the wire that powers that coil may be compromised~

read and clear the trouble code with your very own OBD-II code reader for fifteen bucks~ achem....RESET THE CODES~

okay, now I'm not absolutely certain there isn't a central coil pack(s) you may have that...you may have 1 ignition coil per~

one thing is for sure #6 is at the corner~

30

We have the exact same car, same miles, same issue. I've been looking for a recall for this but have not seen one. We had all the spark plugs changed but not the coils, and that did not work, light came right back on. Checked engine light code and error said it was a random misfire. Seems like this is a Chrysler issue.

180

I am having the same problem with about 44,000 miles. Any idea of cost to repair? My car is idling rough when I am stopped. I went to autozone and that's exactly what computer said. Misfire at cylinder 6.

80

I am having the same issue but misfire for Cylinder 4, has everyone changed their spark plugs and still having the issue?

50

It's still under warranty for the misfire. Take it to get it checked! I have a misfire on injector #4 after having the plugs changed.

825

check the plug wires for tiny burns and abraasions and i mean tiny , there could be juice to the plugs leaking before it gets there i fixed misfire on cyl 4 that way , but mine is a 2008 with a 3.8 litre, your 2012 is a 3.6 i think , a different newer block than the 3,8

20

Take it to the dealership and let them diagnose! There is a know issue with the pentastar 3.6 v6, COVERED UNDER WARRANTY. They replaced the one head on mine. 2-3 days repair but I got a courtesy rental. Don't waste your money on other stuff!

10

Agree take it to the dealership and let them diagnose! There is a know issue with the pentastar 3.6 v6, COVERED UNDER WARRANTY. They replaced the one head on mine. 2-3 days repair # 4 Misfire, 31,000 miles

10

I also have a 2012 town and country and a misfire on cylinder #4. I took it to dealership, they diagnosed it and replaced the entire head under warranty. Took them almost 2 days to replace. They gave me a rental for those days. Didn't pay a penny.

20

Had an issue with 2012 Chrysler town and country. The van was idling rough and running rough, kept getting worse. Problem is it a lot of times doesn't kick a code out, but finally did for misfire in cylinder 6. Read on this post about all of everyone's issues start at about 40k miles, mine had 41k on it. Took it to dealership today, they are going to replace the engine head under warranty. If your having a rough idle, take it in dont hesitate, if you open the engine compartment you can watch the engine shake from running rough.

30

My 2012 town and country is reading "multiple misfires" but prior to this is seemed to have a little shake but no codes. 60,000+ miles and not sure if under warranty anymore.. I could ohm out the cool packs but not sure if worth it or not.