93 Voyager no power.

Asked by Jun 01, 2013 at 09:47 AM about the Chrysler Town & Country

Wife said it clicked then started 3 days ago.  Charged batt 3 hours and it started.  Wouldn't start yesterday.  Tested battery at parts store they said good but low.  Charged overnight with 10 amp charger.  Needle on charger down to 3 (started at 8)..Tried to start this morning and got 1 click then lost all electrical.  No dome light or anything.  Ran thru high water day before problem started.

The age of your battery is a consideration, according to one expert batteries will stop taking a charge 10 percent per year, so after ten will no longer take a charge....and yes this is with the NEW tin/antimony alloy ones (you cannot get lead anymore)~....your battery is OLD, not that there's anything wrong with being old, but we are asking grandpa to do the heavy lifting here~

you get an 'alt' lite or 'service' because you're overworkin' the alternator with a marginal battery~....hope it is still up for some more duty with your new battery and will give us no more trouble~

Sounds like you have lost a major power connection, check and clean your battery cables and terminals, make sure the connection is clean and tight on the starter. As you stated about high water I would check all lower connections first.

I agree with tennisshoes, if it went thru water, the ground attachment to the frame would immediately be under galvonic attack~ yes, break out the Coarse Wirebrush, undo this connection, wirebrush it to metal and re-assemble it~ this could be the source of all your woes...but still the date of your battery is in "knock off" date identifiers from when the thing got it's first charge...five years old is elderly in battery years~

Jim Demestihas

replace battery