Modifying Odometers in motor vehicles-Is it possible???

Asked by Apr 03, 2013 at 12:42 PM about the Toyota Allion

The 2007 Allion that I purchased recently showed 20,300Km. on the clock, but I have reason to disbelieve that reading. The air cleaner element was changed at the point of purchase; then after doing the first servicing at my mechanic it was found out that the front disc break pads needed changing, then the spark plugs had to be changed -they were badly "burnt/used"; then the slightly unsteady throttling & slight pull of the engine at slow speeds; the driver's foot mat had a hole in part of it indicatnig a well-worn mat. Apart from those observations the car is Ok - it drives well (it's fast) & gives good mileage (about 14Km to 15Km/l.) What's your take on the issue -re the reversing or modification of the odometer reading?

Was it a one owner? Wouldn't a title search dictate how many miles were on it when the other people may have owned it.

Get a carfax or other vehicle history report. That will show KM readings at different times in the car's life. HTH. - Jim