most popular problem for the 2000 chrysler sebring convertible

Asked by eyespy1 Aug 03, 2013 at 02:03 PM about the Chrysler Sebring

Are there any major concerns with the motor or transmission or any other parts of car

well the internet says you've a V6 SOHC~~Standard Engine 2.5L V6 Standard Transmission 4 Speed Automatic Cylinders 6 Horsepower @RPM 168@5800 Fuel Economy Cty/Hwy 19/27 Combined Fuel Economy 22 EPA Class Compact Number of Valves 24 Fuel Type System Gas Engine / Sequential Electronic Fuel Injected, Sequential Port Fuel Injected Sequential, Multi-Port Fuel Injected Overdrive Transmission Yes Compression 9.4:1 Displacement 2497/152 Bore X Stroke 3.29x2.99 Valves Configuration Single Overhead Cam

okay here's a few edmunds reviews...like the folks at Chrysler have never made cars before~! http://www.edmunds.com/chrysler/sebring/2000/consumer-reviews.html? sub=convertible

Leaks(back window) top, seat motors driver seat, rear quarter glass regulators. Those are the cons. The pros. Maintain engine,and trans and they will outlast the car. When buying a sebring, condition,condition,condition. Last thing you want is a money pit. Most problems are usually straight forward parts are plentyful and 95-00 are the same less trim levels. This is a road car.thats just my take on it as this 98 makes 4 ive owned two of which were actually in the bone yard that i couldnt stand to see them destroyed. Just do your home work, kbb so you dont get burned. Hope that helps. I have a reveiw of this car on my page.

6,135

Fully agree with JR regarding sebring care and condition. These are complex machines with the added mechanicals in the top along with the drains associated. That said, with care this model is economical, comfortable, and carries much cargo top up or down. Get a mechanic to check any contender over, this is preventitive $ well spent.The 2000 jxi I had for 7 years was problem free except for weak a/ c and brakes that squeaked and could never be reremedied. The frame rides low for great handling, but beware of scraping the front end leaving parking lots, driveways etc. BTW, the fabric top lasts 6-8 years, less if not garaged or raised and lowered frequently. The stitching around the rear window will wear from automatic car washes also. I would suggest as new a model as you can afford that is in good repair.

30

All true, I BT a broken one for 2000 in 2009, cost 1200 to put back together, low miles Was 73,000, now 82000 new transmillon last year 2000 at or tansmission for cash. Did our car repair business for 30years them. Great price! Needed to repair front bumper, back and Hood repainted, dings out. 500 and 300. Neds new headlights and new motor for top to go up and down. Another 500 to 800. Save for tires and back brakes, kids paid for motor mount broken 150 by friend so just normal upkeep! Great driving car! I'm 69 today and I love it!!!

30

Mine is gold,black roof gold wheels, gold leather, black top like your picture . upolstry needs front leather updated. Where is CIG lighter?

10

Ma voiture. Par au boutade et redémarre plus ensuite

50

Best car I ever owned. Bought t new in 2000 and have 1.3 million miles on it. Still going strong. Just normal maintenance and it is the best car ever made. I am going cross country in it next week. Love this cat. 17 years and love it more every day!

50

I have 2001 Sebring convertible & a few months ago when I was putting in gas it would keep clicking off the handle. So now I have to very slowly put the gas in & takes forever to get the gas in.

30

I have 1999 Sebring JXi Limited Convertible, 190k miles on it and still running perfectly, very happy after 19 year with it. Anybody can tell me where is the ABS relay located?? no the one under the hook where all the fuses are, the one goes with screw attached somewhere. Also, anyone know where is the ABS module located?? Thanks