My Austin 7 Special trials car keeps on cutting out - intermitantly. I've changed the coil, plugs, and the fuel seems to be getting through OK, so has anyone any ideas please??? Thanks,

5

Asked by May 11, 2009 at 12:07 PM about the Austin 7

Help! My car hiccups, and then cuts out!  Caroline

15

does it do it when the engines under load, like when your just setting out steady or if your trying to get away quickly ? or is it irratic on idle as well ? any particular pattern to it at all ? as my old mini used to do it and i changed the same parts as yourself, turned out to be the carb's dashpot had a leak so the needle wasnt responding to the engine for the correct mixture of air/fuel to be added so it ran terrible, or spluttered and conked out lol. maybe something to try ? im uncertain if the austin 7's had SU carbs. are you running a standard but tuned austin 7 engine at all ?