How many different types of filters for the air conditioning system does a 2002 pt cruiser have?

10

Asked by Sep 27, 2014 at 08:30 PM about the Chrysler PT Cruiser

A mechanic told me that the a/c filter was
clogged but when I asked him if it was the
cabin air filter (which is the only one I'm
abel to find info on) he said no, that there's
different ones. I was wondering what other
ones there were since I can't get a hold of
him to ask.

88,805

I am a little confused on this one, are you having an air flow problem with the A/C \ Heater system or a problem with the A/C not cooling properly? The cabin air filter if it gets plugged will reduce the air flow from the outlets. If the A/C is not cooling properly there is a filter/dryer in the system that can cause problems. HTH

62,175

All so to add to TS, sugestion,may be the orfice tube if not cooling properly.

88,805

That's true too. I don't believe the PT cruiser has a serviceable orifice tube, it is crimped into the high pressure line close to the firewall, so to replace the tube you need to replace the line.

10

I'm having a problem with the car overheating, the ac works good but when I have it on the car starts to overheat, the mechanic said it has to do with something in the ac being clogged so he said I have to replace some filter sp I assumed it was the cabin air filter but he said it wasnt, he has me confused and is not great at communicating, I'm not sure if there's some other type of filter involved or if he's just giving mee wrong information

88,805

That sounds like an air flow problem through the evaporator and radiator, Did he make sure the cooling fans were operating properly? The only filters are the ones mentioned above, and they won't cause an overheat problem. Nail him down on what he's talking about, if he has been at this for any length of time he should know that communication is the key to happy customers. I made sure my customers had a good understanding of what was wrong with their vehicles, what it needed to fix it and an exact estimate of the costs, sometimes I'd miss the mark on price but I'd stand by my estimate. If you have doubts about his service go someplace else.