is o reillys conventional green 50/ 50 antifreeze good or bad for my 2002 Chrysler pt cruiser? pls help

270

Asked by Jul 08, 2014 at 08:22 PM about the Chrysler PT Cruiser

Car overheating when I tun my ac on . I changed the thermostat n
still heats up?

270

Is conventional green 50 / 50 antifreeze good or bad for my 2002 Chrysler Pt Cruiser? Pls help

59,105

Use the antifreeze that says "all makes/all models" on the bottle. It will safely mix with all kinds and colors of antifreeze. HTH. -Jim

270

I changed my thermostat a few days ago I took it to the mechanic and charged me$140 for idk what, to me feels the same since my car still heats up, I believed hed drained it to and got it back empty and havent driven my car till yesterday I had a docs appt. So was going to drive it but not even half the mile my car started heating up, well the arrow on the meter went up. So I went I got antifrezze n got this one(pic) shown, but ran into this website just lastnight and hopeing to find out if this antifrezze may continue the problem on my car and if so how can I get it out without going to a mechanic whos going to charge me for something my car is still doing. Pls help. Thank u.

270

Ps. It says Chrysler pre-01 ...? Whatever that means there for I thought it would b good????

270

O also why does my car seem to heat up faster when I turn the a/c on? Srry, just really worried about my car c since I do use it with my son and bby on the way.

270

Is it true this is the most preffered antifrezze for my 2002 Chrysler Pt Cruiser?.. Srry, but pls do help thank you, I would appreciate it alot.

59,105

Off the top of my head I really don't know what Chrysler was using in 2002. What I'd suggest is calling your local Chrysler dealer and ask for the service department. They'll know for sure. If it's not the correct stuff you'll have to get it flushed out and add the correct antifreeze or the "all makes/ all models stuff. Did you change the thermostat because it was heating up on you? HTH. -Jim

270

Yes, I bought it at o reillys and took it to a Mechanic who chrgd me$140 ?? But it still heats up, especially when I turn my a/c on :/

59,105

I just looked up your PT Cruiser in my catalog at work. I work at NAPA. According to our computer the greensantifreeze you got from O'Reilly's is what it calls for. So you're ok. HTH. -Jim

270

Ok, thank you so much. :) u are appreciated.

59,105

You're welcome. Glad to help. -Jim

10

Did the Micanic do a pressure test for leaks if not have him do so. And if there is no leak I would look at the coolant temperture sensor. Also if your car heats up fast with the AV on it might be the fan that's no good

Pressure test after its heated up if not it might read fine until it heats up and expands be careful pt cruisers are very fragile when it comes to heat. They have an issue with blowing head gaskets if they barelly get over normal opperating temp. Happened to me twice.