3 Year Quest to Find Engine Shut Off Problem
72,300 miles on a PT Turbo HO has had numerous shop visits over the past 3 years here in Ft Walton beach Florida to find out why the car randomly:
1) Check Engine Light comes on
2) Engine may or may not then begin to sputter.
3) When Check Engine light begins to flash it probably will just "shut off" at the next red light or in the middle of a turn onto another road. Sometimes there is no sputter and at the next red light the engine suddenly just turns itself off.
4) Every time putting it in park, turning ignition off and on then restart the engine and it runs great again (just like it usually does!)
5) Cyl misfire is a common OBD code
6) Cam sensor, plugs and wires, air filter have been replaced. it still does it
7) This week smoke came out of multfunction stalk and fog lamps shorted out to right turn signal. It is shop getting a new turn signal multi-function stalk.
8) It always seems to do it after driving 10-20 miles and more in summer than in winter.
9) Today the local shop is pluging in via the internet to Chrysler headquaters to let some Chrysler corporate mechanic gurus look at the engin's vital stistics.
10) I may opt to replace timing belt and water pump today if it is not too expensive when the shop calls me.
Any ideas I might suggest to the mechanic?
PS: Also after #4 above, when restarted the engine works great, but the speedometer reads 10-20 mph when I am really doing 50-60 mph. This goes away after the next restart. Kris
Search Chrysler PT Cruiser Questions
Chrysler PT Cruiser Experts
Kelly Little Ashford
Related Models For Sale