I have a1985 Subaru GL and I have to replace the radiator, is there any information out there on how to do this? I love my car, and hope this will be the fix.

Asked by Dec 08, 2014 at 06:24 PM about the Subaru GL

She gurggles when I start her and sometimes when driving and she loses water evn going a few times, but not always.  I took it to a radiator specialist (HA) and they did a compression check but didn't find anything wrong.  I am only filling the overflow with coolant and water but I am doing it everytime I drive her (even very short distances)

113,895

Sounds like a blown head gasket or cracked head, have a block check performed, that will tell you for sure.

I hope not, I am replacing the radiator tomorrow, if that doesn't do the trick then I will do as you suggest. Thanks for taking the time to answer.