Bantam Increases rev's by itself!

30

Asked by Aug 10, 2011 at 10:41 AM about the Ford Bantam

My Ford Bantam 1.3 2008 Model has a nasty problem... The rev's pick up by itself. It normaly iddles at about 1200 Rev's it goes up to almost 4000 by itself. This problem started after heavy rains. Does any one have a solution for me? The other question I have is, can I reset my computer system in the bantam without the software? The ford dealer did this and it was right afterwards. The only problem is, the closest dealer to me is very far. If any one can help me I would appreciate it!

Kind Regards,
Raymond Grobler

to clear computer,unhook battery for 10 min,will reset itself.other may be a bad throttle position sensor,egr needs cleaning or replaced.

775

Howzit Raygrob, have you resolved your idle problem yet by replacing the Throttle Position Sensor, or do you simply battery reset your Bantam every time. I'm just curious as a friend of mine has the same problem as yours and there seems to very little issues listed on the net.

775

Hi Papa, do you know what the TPS volts specs should be for a 2011 ford Bantam 1.3i?

215

Any small workshop should have basic scanning tools to clear the fault codes. On these vehicles, sometimes if there are NO fault codes, still clear them and let the engine idle for a while. It could sort the problem out. There is only one person in South Africa how can re-flash the program in these PCMs and he is in Pretoria. If required , they can be re-flashed to the latest level.