Stabeliser Rubbers

Asked by Jul 05, 2010 at 08:17 AM about the Ford Bantam

Good day,
I have a 2008 Ford Bantam 1.6 . I had a strange noise coming from the front suspension so I took it into the delareship to get it checked out. Apparently my stabelizer rubbers on my front suspension needs to be replaced.

The quote I got from Ford included a labour charge of R1600 and parts totalled to R50 for all four rubbers. In the meantime I've been driving around with the problem. Can I cause any damage if I drive around like this for the remainder of the month?

and...?

Can anyone tell me if replacing these rubbers is something that I can do myself, and how is it done?

no it wont hurt it,if you have the right tools and are mechanaly inclined you could do this job but it is a dangrous one.I would get a can of white lithium greese and spray them down good and forget about it.

95

Did you manage to get this sorted out yourself, cause I think I'm having the same problem?

have the same problem - problem is there is a bolt that cannot get any levrage on to replace the rubbers so maybe have to take it in - shit ingenering for my part