Car is spudering and lagging?

Travis Rasmussen

Asked by Mar 14, 2011 at 06:30 PM about the Merkur XR4Ti

When I hit the gas it lags and sputters. I know my fuel pressure regulator is bad and I have to get a new one but could it be anything else. I'm lost for now pls any suggestions will help me out

If you figure it out let me know. I hv to replace my wastegate actuator on my XR4Ti but not i am thinking i need coild cap rotor plugs and wires. I'll probably just do the cap and wires first. Also if you have a fuel pressure regulator issue it could be you car is starving for fuel and that would cause it to lag under boost conditions. i would get the regulator and then go from there.