have a 77 280z and i have changed ignition coil the pickup coil and it still wont fire

10

Asked by Oct 18, 2014 at 11:13 PM about the Datsun 720

I have a 1977 datsun 280z changed ignition coil and pickup coil and
it still won't fire help please

58,565

Check the distributor,if you have 12 volt,s at the coil.If no fire at coil,check fuse,s,if fuse,s are good,then it may be bad igntion switch.

10

All the glass fuse are good it has a new ignition

58,565

The only other thing would be distributor bad,have you checked the coil,and seen 12 volts, at it?Or coil is not receiving fire?If it doe,s not have 12 volt,s at the coil with igintion on,there is a bad relay,or wire bad going to it,if you do see fire at the coil ,,it will be the distributor.

10

Is relay on firewall by battrie

101,795

These cars are known for connection issues in the wiring harnesses. Over time corrosion builds up in them. Check all the harnesses. Start with the ones on drivers side of car. Specially the ones right around the front intake area going to dist. also the ones on the front drivers side fender. Most times just un hooking them and adding a little grease to the prongs will get them back firing.

101,795

Also make sure that you have a good negative battery cable connection on the frame and motor. This will also cause a no fire issue with these cars.

10

The battery hook up hot to hot to hot or ground to hot the reason I am asking because it was hooked up hot to ground and it woundent fire then I switched it to hot to hot and it started fireing but won't start and I am getting gas fire and air help please thank in advance

10

Does the motor turn clock wis counter clock wis

10

Sorry but I have another qestion is there a z club in columbus ohio thanks guys you have been very helpful