1978 Chevy nomad vans out there?

10

Asked by Jan 04, 2011 at 03:34 PM about the Chevrolet Nomad

I've got a 78 chevy nomad G20 van and was wondering how many were built. It has no rust, original paint, everything works fine with 86k original miles on it. I can't find it listed anywhere. I am debating trading it for something with better mileage but I have no idea of what it's worth or how rare it is. Any help would be great. It's the buckskin and brown 2 tone. The nomad badges are pretty cool.

10

After more searching, the results were nil. I found one in Roanoke for sale. Not much info and was pretty rusted out and it also had a 6 cylinder where mine has a 350. Small mention a few places but nothing to go on. It looks like it is a pretty rare beast if nobody has anything listed on the internet about it. Any ideas from the Chevy crowd about where to search would be appreciated. Only 2 on the internet seems odd

25

I have a 1978 Chevy Nomad Van also. I drove vans in my younger years and my buddy's dad liked them and bought this one new in '78. I told him if he ever sold it to let me know. I bought it from him in 2003. I still have it and love it. It is a medium brown metal flake. 110,000 miles. We live in Michigan so he never drove it in the winter to let the salt get at it. The salt eroded my 1971 and 1976 vans back in the day.

30

I have a 78 chevy nomad van looking for parts got any info

30

did you have any luck. i am in portland oregon and I own a 78 chevy van nomad I amlooking to restore it. just wondering if you found any others since this post

25

I haven't had the need to look for parts. I suppose you would look on line at salvage yards for common parts. There are also specialty places on line you can google to get specialty parts such as carpet etc.

10

I have a 1978 Chevy Van for sale, original paint, engine rebuilt 60K kms on new engine... Presently half set up as camper with raised roof and 3 screened air vents, the balance of space is good to haul stuff around, it's huge I'm in Montreal and willing to sell asap! freckles_342@hotmail.com

20

I own a '78 nomad van driven daily minor cosmetic problems in side has no carpet. Runs great 350 engine and trans. Im considering selling for a firm 4000

extremevanning, where are you located? how can is see pics of the van? Thanks. Lise

20

I am located in Greenville sc and i can send u pics thru txt if available

10

Hi out there my name is charles i live n sc. I have a 1978 nomad i drove it daily now that i had someone put a distib. N it they messed up the timeing it was my work truck now its up for parts i guess .i sure love that van if anyone interested i only except calls or text 864 567 1447 greenville,sc.

25

Is the left front fender in good shape? What color is it?

My Chevy Nomad van is a 1980. It was my fathers van that he bought new. It's like the one listed on Barrett Jackson, but with different wheels and mirrors. It has the 350cid engine and 400 tranny. After market A/C.